Get to know the A.Team vocabulary
With a new world of work — comes a new universe of language.
A.Team is creating a brand new home for the world’s top product builders, where old terms like “job”, “employee”, and “application” are being reinvented to suit our members-only, highly-skilled community. At A.Team, jobs are elevated to missions, employees transform into builders, and job applications become mission requests. Words transform reality. We’re on a mission to change the future of work, this is why we’re using these terms consistently to define and empower the change we are building together in the world of work.
noun | [ ay-ɡīd ]
Our knowledge base for all things builder-related. (You’re reading it right now.)
noun | [ ay-tēm ]
- The first members-only network of the world’s top engineers, product managers, designers, and marketing talent, designed to help growing companies accelerate product development through the power of great teams.
- A group of two or more highly-skilled independent tech experts (builders) assembled to collaborate with a company on a high-order product initiative (mission). Often ‘A.Teams’ are simply referred to as ‘teams’.
noun | [ ˈbildər ]
A highly-skilled independent tech expert who is part of A.Team’s network (e.g.: developer, product manager, growth expert, designer, etc).
noun | [ bildtēm ]
Internal A.Team staff, composed of the following teams:
- Evaluation Team members individually evaluate each new builder to make sure they’re a great fit for our network in terms of high-level expertise, technical skills, and communication skills.
- The Formation Team is made up of Team Architects who assembles teams of builders with complimentary skills and experience for A.Team missions. If a builder has questions about specific missions, they can reach out to a mission’s team architect for answers.
- Team Advisors are responsible for understanding and advising on a company’s high-order challenges — and translating them into A.Team missions. They work with Team Architects to put the best possible team in front of a company and coordinate mission interviews.
- Builder Success mobilizes and supports builders on the path to getting selected for missions. They are builder advocates — helping them achieve their goals, work on missions that matter with people they like, and have an incredible experience with A.Team.
- Mission Success is our main point-of-contact for builders on missions. They ensure that builders are happy on their missions by conducting kick-offs, coordinating check-ins, reviewing feedback, and handling any issues that may arise between builders and companies.
- Community Team creates engaging online spaces for builders to meet, connect, share, and team up on missions. This team runs our Slack community, coordinates A.Meet connections, orchestrates A.Clubs, curates in-person and virtual events, and more.
noun | [ bildˈtōk(ə)n ]
A.Team’s plan to incentivize belonging and reward participation for our entire global community. Currently in beta. Learn more about the Build Token here.
guaranteed on-time payments
noun | [ ˈɡerənˌtēd ôn tīm ˈpām(ə)nts ]
A feature that gets builders paid every two weeks — whether the company has paid or not. Builders who have billed 400+ hours with A.Team are paid automatically on the 15th and the last day of each month for their submitted timesheets. Learn more here.
noun | [ ˈmiSH(ə)n ]
A high-order work challenge offered to builders in the A.Team network. Missions are engagements between an A.Team (or an A.Team builder) and a cutting-edge company building a transformative product.
noun | [ ˈmiSH(ə)n rəˈkwest ]
A builder’s request to be selected for a high-order product initiative with a leading tech company. Learn more about mission requests here.
noun | [ ˈmiSH(ə)n kənˈtrōl ]
The place in A.Team’s platform where builders can browse and search open missions, see recommended missions, and check the status of each mission they’ve requested to join. Find Mission Control by clicking “Teams” within the A.Team platform.
noun | [ ˈprōˌfīl ]
A builder’s personal profile on the A.Team platform. It includes crucial information like role title(s), skills, industries of focus, availability, time zone, and exciting past work — and is leveraged by our AI model to determine recommended missions and team formations. Read more about how to set up a winning profile here.