Enabling Interview Scheduling
Set up your calendar to allow companies to book calls with you directly
Interview scheduling just got an upgrade, streamlining the process of connecting you to companies so that you can focus on nailing the interview. Now, after connecting your calendar, companies can book interviews with you directly in two ways:
- After you apply to a mission and are proposed, companies can easily schedule an interview with you.
- On the company discovery page, company users can directly book an interview with builders they’re interested in working with.
Here's the full guide on how to connect your calendar(s) and fast-track your next mission interview.
- Enabling Interview Scheduling
- Enable Interview Scheduling
- Sign in with Google, Apple or Outlook Calendar
- Set Up Your Booking Preferences
- Working Hours and Timezone
- Date Overrides
- Learn how to sync your non-supported calendar
- Connect multiple supported calendars
- Connect multiple unsupported calendars
Enable Interview Scheduling
- Navigate to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the bottom left
- Head to settings by clicking on ‘Options’ in the upper right and then ‘Settings’
- Click on the 'Interviews' tab on the settings page
- Click on 'Connect calendar' to integrate your calendar, allowing clients to see your real-time availability.
Sign in with Google, Apple or Outlook Calendar
- You’ll need to grant permissions to read and write in order to check for scheduling conflicts and add new events to your chosen calendar
- Companies cannot see your events, only when you are available during your working hours
Set Up Your Booking Preferences
Choose which calendars you want to consider for your availability:
- For each connected account, you’ll see a list of all the calendars you can check for conflicts
- Toggle on the calendars you want to use to check for conflicts
Choose which calendar to add interviews to:
- Navigate to the section titled, ‘Create events on’ and click on the dropdown to select which calendar new interviews should be added to
- All interviews booked will be added to this calendar
Connect additional Calendar accounts:
- To add an additional calendar, navigate to the ‘Add’ button in the upper right
- You’ll be prompted to sign into your other Google, Apple or Outlook account that you want to connect
Remove a connected calendar:
- If you no longer want to connect a calendar, you can click on the trash can icon to the right of the account you want to remove
Working Hours and Timezone
After connecting your calendar, head back to the settings page where you can click ‘Adjust working hours’ to manage your working hours and timezone. It’s important to set up your availability for interviews to ensure companies only book times when you're available.
- On this page, you can choose which timezone you would like to use to show your availability
- Additionally, you can set your working hours, which only allows companies to book during these time slots, minus any conflicts you have in your connected calendars
Going on vacation? Unavailable for certain times? Set a date override to ensure companies don’t book any interviews during that period. This can be adjusted on the working hours page by clicking on ‘Add an override’ and choosing the days and times you’re unavailable.
Learn how to sync your non-supported calendar
Want to sync your calendar but don’t use a Google, Apple or Microsoft Calendar? You’ll need to set up an account with one of our supported providers and then sync your non-supported calendar to that account. The easiest way to do that is:
- Open a Google account by visiting: https://accounts.google.com/signup
- Head to your non-supported calendar account to generate a shareable calendar subscription URL
- Once your Google account is set up, open Google Calendar: https://calendar.google.com/
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar’s URL
- Click Add calendar. The calendar appears on the left, under "Other calendars."
- Once your calendar is linked, head back to A.Team settings page and click ‘Connect calendar’ where you can connect your new Google calendar which will reflect your availability
Connect multiple supported calendars
Want to sync multiple Google, Apple or Outlook calendars? It’s easy, all you have to do is:
- Set up your first calendar, it doesn’t matter which one, by clicking on ‘Connect calendar’ on the A.Team settings page
- After you’ve connected any of your calendars, click on “+ Add” in the upper right hand corner, where you can connect as many calendar accounts as needed.
Connect multiple unsupported calendars
To connect multiple unsupported calendars, follow the steps above in, “Learn how to sync your non-supported calendar” and repeat for as many unsupported calendars as you would like to connect. You can also connect multiple supported and unsupported calendars.